Post 8 - Presentation Reflection

Netflix review: Simply the best streaming service - CNET 

One of the modern technologies that really caught my attention during the presentations was Netflix. I was old enough to have spent a large part of my childhood in and out of blockbuster. I remember when me and my brother would run up and down the isles just looking at all the movies and waiting for our dad to find a movie for us to watch that night. I also remember when our blockbuster closed and watched it tun into an Aldi's and it broke my heart. However, as an adult, I appreciate the convenience that Netflix provides as a service I pay for once a month and get unlimited streaming of whatever they have to offer. I didn't previously know that Netflix started very much so like blockbuster as an individual movie mailing service however the innovation of creating a first of its kind platform where you can stream straight from the site is stellar. They started a new market of their own, one that has recently become extremely competitive with new streaming sites popping up like Disney +, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and Amazon Prime Video. Recently Netflix has started even producing their own content and original shows that are exclusive to the Netflix subscription-- creating a vertical consolidation since they started creating content, producing it and distributing it. The expansion of Netflix is incredibly influential not just in markets but also in the lives of people. It swayed many people to streaming over cable, especially in the age of short attention spans and life that is constantly on the move. With little time available for people to wait for programs to come on and sit to watch it, streaming has become the most convenient mode of watching television. It's also extremely accessible because you can watch it on many different types of platforms such as your phone, laptop, tablet, smart TV's. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog Post

Post 10 - EOTO #2